Free standing display cases
Three rare Assyrian fresco paintings from the Palace of Til Barsip, ancient Aramean city, present-day Tell Ahmar, situated on the left bank of the Euphrate. Dating back to the Neo-Assyrian period, 8th century BC. Excavated by François Thureau-Dangin and Maurice Dunand in 1929-31.
The fragile paintings of pigments on an unfired clay slip were restored in 1986-87 and are presented inside the display case built by GLASBAU HAHN in the Louvre section of Near Eastern Antiquities, Mesopotamia and northern Syria, Room 6.